In 2014 we investigated environmental management awareness and practices among our customers. Now, 3 years later, we are revisiting the topic to understand if there has been considerable change in companies' focus.
Some key findings
- Laws and regulations (77%) together with requests from customers (50%) are the main drivers behind environmental management.
- The push from customers has increased by 15 % since 2014.
- The main environmental risks are related to waste disposal.
- Leading companies in the survey deem communication with stakeholders as significantly more important than the average (71 %, versus 29 %).
- About 80% of the companies surveyed, and 95 % of the leaders, believe that an environmental management system based on the international ISO 14001 standard and third party certification adds value.
- By implementing mitigating actions, the top three benefits achieved were a decrease in the number of accidents, improved relations with authorities and financial savings.
For complete findings please download the ViewPoint report below.