DNV GL, the leading technical adviser to the oil & gas industry, is relocating its oil & gas head office in Norway from Høvik to Stavanger in order to be even closer to its customers. Local delivery capacity will be expanded in Stavanger and Bergen and operations will continue in Høvik, Sandefjord, Trondheim and Harstad. DNV GL’s operations in Norway are led by Regional Manager Marianne Hauso.
“As the industry moves into increasingly challenging environments and the lifespan of mature assets is being extended, technological innovation is increasingly important to grow performance. Technology is clearly a huge enabler for the industry, but the price of getting new technology wrong can be huge. That’s why we spend 5% of our revenue on innovation, running joint industry projects, providing technology qualification services and developing the world’s most recognised standards.”
The office in Stavanger delivers a broad range of services related to all development phases including exploration, development, operation and decommissioning. In these phases DNV GL delivers services and competences within the areas of Inspection and Maintenance management, Asset integrity, Structure integrity, Offshore crane integrity, Safety and Environmental Risk Management, Technology Qualification, Working Environment, Material selection and Pipeline installation.
“We welcome DNV GL’s expansion in Stavanger. The company’s global presence and technical expertise makes the Stavanger region an ideal location. Stavanger is a great technology city with abundant talent, knowledge and experience and our growth ambitions for the energy capital of Norway and those of DNV GL are well matched,” said the Mayor of Stavanger, Christine Sagen Helgø.
DNV GL Oil & Gas, Norway in a nutshell:
- Will be headquartered in Stavanger, Western Norway
- Over 800 oil & gas employees in Norway: Stavanger (100), Bergen (90), Trondheim (50), Harstad (10), Sandefjord (20), Høvik (530)
- Plan to increase staff in Western Norway by 10% in 2014
- Deep industry expertise, particularly in challenging operating environments gained from experience working in North Sea and Arctic projects
- Provides integrated services in technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management advisory and offshore classification
- Maintains and further develops its technology edge through launching new Joint Industry Projects (JIPs) in strategic areas.
Marianne Hauso took on the role of regional manager in mid-September last year, prior to which she was regional manager for the oil & gas risk management services. Her area of responsibility includes all services provided by DNV GL to the Norwegian oil and gas industry, with the only exception of classification services for mobile offshore units.
Marianne has been with legacy DNV for 18 years; since she graduated from NTH in Trondheim as a Naval architect in 1995. Since then she has held several different positions, starting out as a safety risk management engineer and -consultant, and moved later into different manager positions in Norway.