- Author: Per Wiggo Richardsen
- Keywords: Group, Software, Maritime
“We are honored to have received this award, which reflects the industry’s recognition of DNV GL’s environmental best practices,” said Steen Lund, Regional Manager for DNV GL Maritime South East Asia & Pacific.
- DNV GL won the award based on its commitments to safeguard the environment and its efforts to reduce the carbon footprint in the maritime industry.
- DNV GL has established its Clean Technology Centre where it has been delivering innovative projects in the areas of renewable and clean energy, green ship and offshore solutions, green ports, climate change and grids and electro mobility.
- Developed the trim optimization software Eco-Assistant, which reduces fuel consumption and environmental impact of a vessel. Since its launch in 2009, more than 450 systems have been installed on board vessels.
- Launched its ECO Research Centre aimed at conducting research to strengthen energy efficiency solutions for Asian clients. The initiative is supported by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore under its Maritime Cluster Fund.
- Leading the LNG agenda across Asia, via DNV GL’s pilot LNG technical forum and engagements with stakeholders across the Asian maritime community to facilitate safe transport and use of LNG as ship fuel.
- Cutting down on business travel by building on video conferencing abilities throughout the company and using a Flight Footprint Tracker to track flights and provide a baseline for reporting on the environmental footprint and setting targets for future goals.
Its new office in Singapore is also a fine example of combing intelligent building structures and energy efficiency consumption by setting green initiatives such as implementing motion-based sensor lightings, controlled central air conditioning, central recycling waste collection areas and other intelligent initiatives that go to make the DNV GL office one of the most energy efficient buildings in Singapore.
Steen Lund added, “As we move forward, we aim to continue our commitment towards fulfilling our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment. We will continue to bring innovations forward to help our customers become more energy efficient.”
The Seatrade Asia Awards is an annual gathering of leading industry executives and a platform to recognize companies who excelled in their respective fields in the maritime industry. The Environment Protection Award was given to the organization, which had taken significant steps to reduce its environmental footprint, invest in green technology and promoting environmental awareness.
The winners were assessed by a panel of influential bodies including Anglo Eastern Ship Management, Singapore Maritime Foundation, Asian Shipowner’s Forum, Korean Register, Philippine Transmarine Carriers and Intertanko.