Provision of training within the regulatory framework for the ship type segment Bulk Carrier.
Experience in the bulk carrier shipping segment
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
This module introduces the current regulatory framework for bulk carriers and considers its future amendments. The directly implied consequences of these requirements on the operation of ships and their construction will be dealt with. Information on current market development in the shipping sector enhances the knowledge gained. Acquired knowledge assists in the evaluation process for prompt investment and operating cost calculations, and therefore simplifies the decision-making processes.
The course focuses on:
- Regulatory framework of bulk carriers
- IMO Conventions and Codes (e.g. SOLAS, MARPOL, Load Line, Grain Code, ESP, BC Code, BLU Code)
- Regional and national regulations (e.g. EU Directives)
- IACS (Unified Requirements, Interpretations
- Recommendations, Common Structural Rules
- GL Rules and Guidelines and GL services for bulk carriers
- Technical and operational consequences
- Market information