To make the participants more proficient in media handling and crisis management.
Basic knowledge of contingency planning in shipping
Who should attend:
Duration: 2 days
This course is intended to give guidance and important information on how to communicate efficiently with the press before, during and after an emergency.
Methods and tools will be demonstrated to prepare responsible persons, to acquire confidence and obtain important knowledge about media handling.
This module was developed by Mrs Katerina Skourtanioti, Head of Strategic Communication and Crisis Safety Solution at VenLyS (Reputation and Safety Solution services for the Maritime and Oil & Gas industries, www.venlys.com).
The course focuses on:
- Definition and functions of public relations (PR) - The PR dynamic model (The four PR model)
- Basic principles of media management
- Interviews and press releases (Interview formats and techniques)
- How to work with journalists, On the spot interviews, personal interviews, press conferences
- Handling the crisis, rules and valuable information
- Crisis communication Plan (overall strategy)
- Emergency public information plan and spokesperson
- Crisis communications and social media