The main purpose of the course is to give an introduction to maritime battery systems and give an overview of possibilities and challenges for hybrid and all electric propulsion in maritime power plants.
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
The course is offered in co-operation with ZEM AS, headquartered at the Veritas Center in Høvik, Norway, who brings more than 15 years of experience with advanced battery systems from the automotive industry, to help facilitate the electrification and hybridization of the marine industry.
The course focuses on:
- Why battery systems in the maritime sector?
- Battery basics with focus on Li-ion technology
- Main factors for a safe and cost effective battery system
- Class requirements for battery systems
- Risk analyses
- Technical, economic and environmental related analyses