To obtain the background to the effective management of risks & investigation of events, at both the shipboard and shore-side levels.
Basic knowledge of contingency planning in shipping
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
This course is designed to provide participants with knowledge for analyzing and managing risks, and for responding to and investigating incidents and accidents.
The course focuses on:
- New legislation on shipping media response as implemented in the USA
- Emergence of similar legislation around the world (Australia/EU countries)
- How to create a set of key messages to meet the regulatory regimes
- Preparing the required fact sheet and press releases
- Preparing for the compulsory Table Top Exercise
- Getting your messages across clearly to: media/ regulators/ authorities/ government agencies/public interest groups/ pressure groups
- How to use social media effectively to communicate company key messages
- How to prepare for hostile media intrusion
- Working with the US Coast Guard
- Preparing for TV and Broadcast interviews