To become familiar with the principles and methods used in Risk Assessment
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
International Regulations like ISM and Industry Standards like TMSA and OHSAS 18001 require systematic risk analysis to be conducted with the aim of reducing the number of accidents and serious consequences thereof.
The objectives of this course are to
- be able to apply practical Risk Assessment in accordance with the professional standards both in the shore-based organization and on board
- know how to apply the Risk Evaluation matrix as a Cost-Benefit decision tool
- understand the connection between Incident Analysis and effective Risk Assessment and be able to evaluate options for control measures
In order to meet these requirements, DNV GL’s Maritime Academy has developed this practical course in which risk assessment techniques, risk evaluation methods and its application are in focus.
Practical guidance will be given on how to identify, assess and finally reduce risks in an efficient way.
The course focuses on:
- Causes of Incidents
- Human Failure and Human Error
- Generic and specific Risk Assessment
- Introduction to Risk Identification techniques: Bow-Tie, SWIFT, JSA and HAZOP
- Risk Evaluation matrix
- Evaluation of Safeguards